Tuesday 13 December 2011

Now in New York

     Thursday, I had the pleasure of stopping by the new, by appointment only, McTeigue and McClelland showroom located near Rockefeller Center.  I've written about their rings before, and with the holidays (and engagement season) coming up, I thought I'd pay them a visit and get to elegant prom dresses  see their gorgeous jewelry in person, and it more than impressed.
     First, I have to say that the website doesn't do these pieces the justice that they deserve.  Not to say that they aren't lovely in photos, but the quality of the stones, the detail work and the feel of these pieces are amazing.  Not to mention their unique designs.  If I were going for a ring, this would probably be my first stop.  Actually, if Carrie Bradsaw and Mr. Big were to picks out rings, forget Tiffany and forget Cartier- McTeigue and McClelland would be their first stop.  The designs have a expensive prom dresses  vintage flair (many are made with vintage stones) and a unique quality that is anything but common place.  The value to quality ratio is nothing to sneeze at either. And, did I mention, they are UBER nice? I should say that since the company also specializes in Estate pieces, it is a great place to bring a family stone.   Below are some of my favorites that I got to try on….
Even when we did Day of coordination, and I’d known them for two weeks: crying.  I don’t do the ceremony anymore ever because I just sit in the back and cry (Mayra is tough and she handles it).  Well, on Saturday, I cried like, 5 times.  Part of me thought it was  because we were sleep deprived from planning this wedding and handling all the flowers and decor. 
        But then last night, when we wrapped up our day Mayra turned to me and said "I miss J. Monty" and I realized we were just happy that she  had been happy!     I wanted to blog about her because I think job satisfaction and making a difference is something that we all hope for and design prom dresses  want in our lives, right?  I mean, that’s why we started this company.  But sometimes in getting busy, we forget that. But J. Monty really made a difference for me: personally and professionally. She not only reminded me of why I do this, but she helped make me better at it.  We can do BIG with the best of them!  Thank you J.  I dropped some photos in that our decor photographer took.  Orchids, Orchids, Orchids. (I had to stand on a milk crate to create these :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment